I am on a mission to be happy and make others happy. My spiritual master, my guru, His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada,
instructed all of his disciples to chant the Holy Names of God and be happy. I recognize that this is no easy assignment because how can a person be happy if they don’t have peace? And in today’s climate of fear, violence and insecurity, peace is an elusive commodity. Srila Prabhupada gave the answer: Chant God’s names, trust and obey Him and share what you know and what you have with others.
So I have taken it as my service — my commitment, to share skills, principles, realizations, techniques and resources to empower. With empowerment comes connection to the source of all power,the Supreme Magnificent Lord.
A typical day in the life of Krsnanandini devi dasi will likely include:
- Rising early to gratefully chant the Holy Names of the Lord for a couple of hours
- Listening to spiritual lectures and reading transcendental literature
- Responding to correspondence (postal and email)
- Preparing at least two meals for the family
- Having at least one worship service in my Deity room which includes Guru puja and Tulasi puja
- Cleaning some aspect of the house
- Managing household affairs, groceries, paying bills, washing clothes
- Providing marriage education/enrichment to one or two couples on Skype or in person
- Answering ten or more calls
- Preparing for a workshop or seminar on spiritual topics and/or healthy relationships, parenting and youth character development
- Writing some pages for a book or magazine article
- Taking a walk with my husband